There’s so much to do in Bali, that it’s hard for us to come up with just 21 amazing things. We’ve chosen only the most amazing of Bali sights and adventures for our list, which takes you straight to an ‘I simply cannot miss seeing or doing this’ journey. Each of Bali’s eight regencies is filled with such magical landscapes, historical sites, temples and spots of incredible natural beauty. Use our list to discover the very best of Bali within your travel time budget!
- Unique Spa Therapies
La Joya, in Jimbaran, is an amazing sea-side spa with open-air thatched roof massage parlors. The lovely riverside Tjampuhan Spa has a Jacuzzi spa set in a stone cavern. The Elephant Safari Park Lodge in Ubud is a spa set amidst acres of lush gardens and tropical forest.
- Unique Hotel Stays
At Mara Safari Lodge, you can literally live amidst wild creatures. Bambu Indah, Villa Seminyak and Villa Laksamana are water villas, perfect for fishing enthusiasts. Sharma Springs Bamboo House offers unbelievable luxury while Sandat Glamping Tents offers amazing camping spots.
- Barbershop Pub
The Sintesa Jimbaran Hotel’s BARber is a 1920s-style hidden barber shop that serves alcoholic drinks, complete with retro décor, cigar area and billiard room. The BARber bar offers daily promos such as free gin for men who’ll have a shave at the barber Boys Night Out.
- Frankenstein’s Laboratory: Have a strong stomach and willing to risk it? At this themed restaurant, you can dine with a bunch of monsters – Frankenstein included!
- Tsavo Lion Restaurant: This themed restaurant offers just a sheet of unbreakable glass between you and lions and other wild creatures. Sip your soup and bite into your salads while locking eyes with the wildlife looking in. We dare you.
- The Pirate Bay: Pirates of the Caribbean fan? If so, dine on piratic fare with pirates with real swords and swagger at the Pirate Bay. Can’t get closer to being a real pirate in this day and age, can you?
- Gardin Bistro: This is for those fans of fairytale shows and books. Mysterious fairytale creatures will surround you as you dine at the Gardin Bistro. Get ready to be served by elves, pixies, fairies and other cute creatures!
- The Cosmic Diner: If you’re a fan of time travel, dine at this simply adorable restaurant. The divine retro décor of the place takes you back several decades. Each section is decorated according to a different decade – complete with posters, cultural mementos et all.
- Madu Sari Mountain Restaurant: Dine at this restaurant which is located on top of a live volcano, right at the edge of a crater on Mount Batur. This is really an active volcano, but don’t worry. We don’t expect it to blast you to the netherworld yet. Eat the divine food and enjoy the beautiful crater-lake Batur, and the absolutely romantic surroundings.
- Pomegranate and Sardine Restaurants: Dine in the middle of paddy fields in the ultimate escape from civilization, at two of Bali’s utterly and unbelievably unique dining places. You’ll be surrounded by stretches of rice paddy fields as far as the eye sees. The Sardine’s paddy fields are manmade, while the Pomegranate is surrounded by real paddy fields.
[Check for Bali Tour Packages Online]
- The Devdan Show
This is a one-of-a-kind gesture-based show that was designed by the Cirque du Soleil actors and directors. This 90-minute dance and theatrical tribute to Indonesia is absorbing, and educational. Kids will love the colorful costumes and the colorful kites on the stage.
- Waterbom Theme Park
This is a water park for both the old and the young. Youngsters can enjoy the snake-themed Constrictor, and older people can glide along the lazy rivers. Apart from water fun, the park has a fish spa therapy, a beauty parlor, and other luxuries.
- Bali Marine and Safari Park
Take your kids to watch over 60 species of wild animals at this exciting marine and safari park. There are animal and cultural shows, a bat cave, komodo dragons and more. Step into a caged truck and travel right amidst wild creatures on the fabulous night safari!
- Munduk Moding Plantation Infinity Pool: Lie at the edge of this infinity pool and you’ll feel you’re part of the clouds themselves. It is one of Bali’s most amazing infinity pools, and there are several.
- Alila Ubud’s Infinity Pool: This is a pristine infinity pool that is nestled amidst mountain greenery, floating above dense forests and river valleys. Absolutely mind-blowing scenery.
- The Hanging Gardens Ubud Infinity Pool: This is a gorgeous and not-to-be missed infinity pool. Set amidst green mountains and exotic natural hanging gardens, this infinity pool is simply magnificent.
- Alila Uluwatu Infinity Pool: This is a great cliff-side infinity pool that beautifully reflects the clouds above. Fabulous panoramic views of the ocean from the top of the cliff.
Tipsy Unique Bars!
- The Bamboo Bar: You can sip a cocktail on a floating platform, paddling yourself to the bar for a refill. Howzat? Or, how about lazing on a bamboo swing with a drink in hand.
- The Bush Telegraph Pub: This Gothic-cathedral-styled bar has trapeze artistes who swing over your head even as you go high on drinks. Sounds fun? Want to swing on a trapeze? We warn you – there are no safety nets!
- Hug a honey bear: Pod Chocolate Factory and Cafe
This chocolate factory is located within an elephant camp. Take your kids to show them how cocoa beans are harvested and turned into delicious chocolate. If you dare to, try hugging one of the three honey bears that reside on the premises.
- Selfie Photo Opps
Looking for selfie photo opps? Visit the Sekumpul Waterfall, and the Sukawati canyons and waterfalls. Then check out the Bukit Asah Bugbug and its views of the Indian Ocean’s small islands and coral reefs. Mount Batur’s volcanic landscape at Pinggan Village is another.